Burlington, VT 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 555-555-1111
Skilled and experienced aircraft mechanic with 14 years of committed work spent repairing and servicing aircraft. Specialized knowledge of repairs and maintenance on helicopters and Boeing 737s. Self-motivated, with experience working alone and as part of a team to keep aircraft in safe flying condition for passengers and crews. Proven record for keeping aircraft safe. Expertise in engine analysis software, Cynapsis Virtual DER, and CaseBank SpotLight. Proficient at retrieving information and using search software, including technical manual database programs and a computerized aircraft log manager (CALM). Detail-oriented and dedicated to completing work on time, every time.
March 2010 – present
• Inspect aircraft according to regulations and examine all aircraft components, including hydraulic systems, landing gear, rotors, and deicers, for any problems, such as leaks, breaks, and cracks.
• Perform repairs based on specifications and deadlines.
• Check finished work to ensure it meets safety standards, and use technology to keep repair and work logs.
• Oversee team of three junior mechanics and counsel them on best practices.
• Winner of regional safety award in June 2016.
April 2007-March 2010
• Inspected aircraft according to regulations and checked all components for any problems or potential malfunctions.
• Repaired aircraft components based on safety regulations.
• Inspected completed work to ensure it met federal, local, and company standards for safe flying.
• Kept logs of all work and maintenance.
• Won Employee of the Month in April 2009.
March 2004-April 2007
• Repaired various aircraft components according to safety regulations and supervisor instructions.
• Performed occasional aircraft inspections.
• Kept records of completed work and maintenance.
• Won Employee of the Month in July 2006.
Education and Training
Post-secondary certificate – January 2004
University of Northwestern Ohio, Lima, Ohio
• Outstanding multi-tasker with an eagle eye for details
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong team manager who seeks to give confidence to three junior mechanics
• Self-motivated with a proven record of professional excellence
• Proficient in various computer software programs and electronic databases and research systems
• Solid background in technical knowledge and repair and maintenance principles
• Passion for excellence in repairing, restoring, and maintaining all mechanical systems
Hobbies and Interests
During my time off, I restore classic automobiles, specifically Jaguar models from 1968 to 1985. I also restored and now maintain a 1974 Norton motorcycle. I enjoy spending time with my dog and cat, who supervise all of my mechanical work. I also like to cook and invite friends over for meals.
Aircraft Mechanic Cover Letter
Aircraft Mechanics are in charge for inspecting, maintaining, and repairing avionic equipment. Their role is crucial as the safe operation of airplanes and helicopters depend on how well Aircraft Mechanics do their job. Examples of Aircraft Mechanic duties include identifying defect components, replacing parts, performing maintenance, calibrating equipment, doing oil changes, and keeping the work area safe and organized.
Based on our collection of sample cover letters, essential qualities for the job are:
- Mechanical and technical skills
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination
- Physical strength and the ability to lift heavy objects
- Troubleshooting abilities
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Knowledge of safety standards
- Integrity and reliability
- Strong work ethics
Beneath is provided an example cover letter showcasing comparable Aircraft Mechanic skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Aircraft Mechanic Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Martinez:
As a seasoned and skilled aviation maintenance and repair technician with comprehensive experience performing diverse repair, quality assurance, and inspection processes for a variety of aircraft fleets, I am confident that I can make a substantial impact on your company’s success as your next Aircraft Mechanic.
My background lies in performing all facets of maintenance, modification, inspection, and repair projects, ensuring compliance with FAA regulations and customer requirements while consistently remaining on time and under budget. Having refined and targeted my skills in avionics and quality control operations, I stand prepared to dynamically benefit your team.
My qualifications include the following:
- Attaining more than seven years of experience in overhauls and structural repairs for numerous types of aircraft, including Boeing 737s, DC-8s, CRJs, and MD-80s; expertise within FAA 121, 135, and 145 operator or repair stations.
- Effectively collaborating with diverse teams and motivating members to provide outstanding dependability and the highest-quality products and service.
- Demonstrating first-rate organizational and interpersonal abilities throughout my career accomplishments.
With my dedication to achieving a productive, efficient, and reliable quality control team, combined with my self-motivation and communication skills, I believe I would be an excellent addition to your team. I look forward to discussing the position with you further. Thank you for your consideration.