Everything about Narrative Essay Topics in a Nutshell
What is a narrative essay? A chronologically depicted sequence of events all bonded by common background and event. A narrative piece might be presented in a form of a personal essay, biographical sketch, autobiography, short story or even a play.
All in all, there are three characteristic features of a good narrative essay: chronological order, central point, specific details.
By defaults, narratives are written in the first person singular. They must contain introduction, plot, climax and conclusion. Facts are used to create vivid images, so different combinations of verbs, adverbs and adjectives are allowed. However, details you use in the content must be precise and subject-relevant, only true facts and details must be introduced to the body copy.
There is one more thing you should remember about. Don’t write a narrative essay just for the sake of describing a certain event in your life. You must also dwell upon the lesson learned, or how exactly the even influenced your life/career/worldview.
TOP-20 narrative topics to start your creativeness engine
1. The First Time I Got Lost in the Mall
2. My Secret Talent I Never Shared with Anyone
3. How I Dealt with a Monster Under My Bed
4. A Week in My Life, When Parents Left on a Vocation Leaving Me Alone at Home
5. The One Very Thing I’d Like to Invent
6. The First (and the Last) Time I Was so Embarrassed
7. The Hardest Life Lesson I’ve Ever Learnt
8. If I Could Invent a Holiday
9. The School Rules that Are Really Missing
10. What I Would Do If I Were Invisible
11. The Funniest Thing that Didn’t Make Me Laugh
12. The Mistake I Made, And Lessons I Learned
13. The Year 2035
14. A Person from the 17th Century I’d Really Love to Talk to
15. One Gadget My Life Is Genuinely Missing at the Moment
16. The Very Thing I’m Proud of, But Never Tell anyone
17. If I Could Be Someone Else for a Week, I Would Be…
18. The Person I Look Up To
19. This Magic Place Where I Feel Completely Relaxed
20. The Thing I Fear the Most
A couple of writing tips steer you in the right direction
Always get an outline of what you’re going to write about. Each idea should be marked off with a small sentence and put in the writing list. In addition to, you have to spend a couple of hours self-editing the draft after you finish the last sentence. Applying the right reference style is also required, if you use quotes in your essay.
Ask a question
Narrative Essay Topics
In a narrative essay, the writer tells a story about his/her personal experience. However, treating a narrative essay like an interesting bedtime story would be a mistake. It goes further. In this type of essay, the writer should speak about his/her experience within a specific context, such as a lesson learned. With a narrative essay, the writer not only entertains the reader but also teaches him, illustrating his point of view with a real-life example.
If you are assigned to write a narrative essay, here are some narrative writing prompts:
NARRATIVE ESSAY WRITING
How to Choose a Narrative Essay Topic?
Choosing an interesting topic and thinking over short story ideas is particularly important. When writing a narrative essay you should think about your life experience in the framework of the assignment’s theme, you would like to speak about. You should always remember that even a tiny event or incident could serve a plot for an interesting narrative story. The point is that it should convey a meaning; it should be a kind of instructive story.
There is a number of helpful techniques helping to invent an essay topic. If you don’t have a clue what experience to describe, you can brainstorm with your friends, surf the Internet or use this list of sample narrative essay topics.
Before getting started to choose a topic from the list provided by our writers, let’s read one of the narrative essay examples:
NARRATIVE ESSAY EXAMPLE
In case you already have the topic to write about but need help with your essay, you can contact our essay writing service in UK to order a custom-written narrative essay with www.essaymasters.co.uk! Our professional writers are available 24/7!
Below is the great list of short story ideas:
TOP 70 Narrative Essay Topics
- If I could go back in time.
- If I could change anything in the history, what would I choose?
- The time I saw the weirdest thing in my life.
- My most frightening experience.
- One thing I’m afraid to lose.
- If I could change one thing about me.
- If I had a billion dollars.
- If I could stop the time.
- The most beautiful thing in the world for me.
- The most pleasant sound for me.
- My first day at a new school.
- The time I lost my friend.
- The time I got a new friend.
- My first day at a new job.
- My most disastrous day ever.
- My happiest day ever.
- The most irritating things in my life.
- An experience that left me disillusioned.
- How I met my fear.
- The moment I overcome my phobia.
- The achievement I’m proud of.
- My most dangerous experience.
- The journey that has changed me.
- The experience that taught me how appearance can be deceiving.
- My act of heroism.
- My act of cowardice.
- A thing I would like to change in my past.
- My first month of living on my own.
- The most successful day in my life.
- The time I was wrong about the person.
- My sudden act of a kindness.
- What my younger sibling taught me.
- A time when I felt that I’m experiencing a historic event.
- How I started relationships.
- The worst quarrel with my mother.
- An experience I thought I would never have.
- The biggest risk I’ve ever taken.
- Why do I like being alone?
- The hardest decision I’ve ever made.
- The hardest thing I’ve ever done.
- What challenges have I overcome?
- How do I relieve stress?
- What do I do when I feel depressed.
- 5 everyday problems that bother me.
- Who inspires me and why.
- Whom would I ask to come if I had my own Talk-show?
- People that have changed my life.
- Books or movies that have changed my world view.
- Devices playing the biggest role in my life.
- Side effects of my digital life.
- One day or week without an access to the Internet.
- What my profile in social networks tells about me.
- What music inspires me.
- What music can change my mood?
- What movies inspire me.
- What role television plays in my life.
- What television shows have mattered to me?
- What reality-show I would like to participate in.
- What memorable poetry have I learned?
- What books teach me.
- Why do I keep (or don’t keep) a diary or journal?
- What words or phrases I don’t like to use.
- The time I learned that grammar is necessary.
- The greatest conversation of my life.
- The teacher who inspired me.
- The role clubs and teams play in my life.
- My long-time passion.
- What superhero power I would like to have.
- Why I like (or don’t like) cooking.
- Waiting in line story.
More about a narrative essay:
NARRATIVE ESSAY OUTLINE
Have you already chosen a topic for your narrative essay? If not, feel free to contact our professional writers as they will offer a lot of topics to write about. Place an order for getting an instant quote for your narrative essay.