Name of Organization
Type of Organization
Wednesday, November 1, 2017 to Friday, November 10, 2017
Description (no more than 300 words)
Foreign Affairs and the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy want to give tomorrow's leaders the opportunity to demonstrate innovative thinking on the issues that shape their world.
**Open to all undergraduate students**
In the 2017 Student Essay Competition, a panel from the Foreign Affairs editorial staff and the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy will select one undergraduate's essay to be published on the Foreign Affairs Web site.
Essay topic: Does populism pose a threat to the international order? Why or why not, and what can be done about it?
Deadline: November 10, 2017
Free and Open to the Public.
During the month of August International Student hosted an essay contest, encouraging everyone to submit their best short essay for a chance to win a gift card of their choice in the amount of $200 (first place), $75 (second place), and $25 (third place).
In addition to the winnings, the three winners receive the honor of having their essay and short bio, published on International Student – a site reaching millions of international students each year.
Congratulations to all the Finalists!
The response to the contest was tremendous and we thoroughly enjoyed reading all of your submissions. It is our pleasure to present the following finalists essays.
View the finalists and winners
*Rules & Regulations for the 2013 International Student Essay Contest:
- The deadline for applications is 5:00 PM, EST on Saturday, August 31, 2013. Applications submitted after that time will not be accepted.
- Three winners (first, second, and third place) will be selected by an judging panel consisting of International Student employees.
- You must be 18 or older and be a resident in a jurisdiction in which the International Student Essay Contest and all of its terms and conditions are compliant with all applicable laws. In addition, you must reside in a jurisdiction in which payment to you of the prize money is not prohibited by any US federal, state or other applicable laws.
- Your essay entry will be the property of InternationalStudent.com.
- The winner of the International Student Essay Contest will be announced on our website and social media the week of September 23, 2013.
- The winner will also be notified by email.