Use this sample administrative assistant cover letter to help you write your own winning letter. Send a cover letter with your resume and get the reader's attention and interest.
Make sure that your job application gets the consideration it deserves. The cover letter is one of the most important documents of your job search. A good cover letter will get your resume read and advance you to the interview stage of the administrative assistant hiring process.
Stand out from the crowd with a well written, professional cover letter.
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Mrs Mary Stevens
15 South Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mrs Stevens
In response to your job opening, please consider my resume in your search for an Administrative Assistant. I believe my background and skills closely match your job requirements and I am confident I can make a positive contribution to ABC Company.
Some of my key skills that are relevant to this opportunity include:
- over 5 years professional experience in an administrative capacity providing support and assistance to both a single department and multiple individuals throughout the company.
- in-depth experience in data management, research, report writing, developing presentations, drafting correspondence, organizing meetings and travel, event management and customer service.
- a comprehensive working knowledge of various computer applications including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access.
- an independent worker with a reputation as a resourceful problem-solver who uses her initiative and organizational skills to get the job done.
- regarded as a competent team member who is always prepared to go the extra mile
- proven ability to remain focused and self-directed in a fast paced work environment while dealing with conflicting demands
If you are looking for a motivated administrative assistant who is committed to the highest standards of work performance I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you for an in-depth discussion.
I am available for an interview at your earliest convenience, please contact me via phone or email to arrange a time and date for us to meet.
Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to speaking with you soon
To write an administrative assistant cover letter that gets the hiring manager's attention and interest, study the job requirements carefully and know which key skills the employer is looking for.
Be sure to highlight your strengths as they relate to these job requirements.
Need help with writing your resume? Customize the sample administrative assistant resume to develop an excellent resume.
How to write an effective administrative assistant resume objective
Use this detailed administrative assistant job description to check the general task and competency requirements for an administrative assistant job.
This list of administrative assistant duties that apply to different admin assistant positions in a range of environments will help you develop a persuasive cover letter.
Sample administrative job descriptions will ensure you have a complete understanding of the administrative position.
Prepare for your job interview with these administrative assistant interview questions
Recommended Cover Letters
Secretary Cover Letter
Office Assistant Cover Letter
Office Manager Cover Letter
Email Cover Letter
Career Change Cover Letter
Executive Assistant Cover Letter
Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Tips
Job Interviews > Cover Letters > Administrative Assistant
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page
Office Assistant Cover Letter
Office Assistants support office operations and complete various clerical tasks. Examples of specific Office Assistant duties are updating records, maintaining supplies, handling correspondence, copying information, placing orders, troubleshooting office equipment, and updating job knowledge. These employees may also be required to backup receptionists and provide customer service in their place.
A cover letter example for Office Assistant should emphasize the following experience and qualifications:
• Computer literacy and fast typing
• Problem solving orientation
• Customer focus and strong communication skills
• Reliability and attention to details
• Time management and deadline orientation
• Telephone skills
A cover letter for Office Assistant mentioning a similar skill set is available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Office Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Lee:
Upon learning of your posting for an Office Assistant, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced and organized professional with exceptional interpersonal and organizational abilities, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your company’s goals and objectives.
My expertise lies in performing a full range of administrative operations and driving office efficiency within detail-oriented, deadline-driven environments. Bookkeeping, correspondence, reports, calendar maintenance, meetings, and special event coordination are just a few of the areas in which I excel. With my key ability to prioritize tasks and collaborate with peers and management teams, I stand fully prepared to offer an exceptional level of office support service to your team at Lee & Sons.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Performing a variety of administrative operations, including schedule management, report generation, accounts payable/receivable, and general reception.
- Achieving business-development efforts while suggesting and implementing effective processes and procedures for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Demonstrating solid time management and organizational skills, Microsoft Office proficiency, and effective customer service strategies.
My skills in office organization and general administration have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Elizabeth C. Madera